Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The current submission has not been previously published not is it currently submitted to another journal for consideration.
- The submission text files are in Microsoft Office (.doc, .docx), OpenOffice (.odt), RTF (rtf) or Apple Pages (.pages) document file format.
- The text of the document uses a 12-point standard font with a 14-16 point leading (space between lines) on A4 or US-Letter format pages with page numbers and line numbers. Manuscript conforms to the journal recommended styles, length and number of sections.
- The Abstract of the paper follows the structured format described in the guide for authors and includes a single paragraph (<300 words) with 5 inline headings (Introduction, Objectives, Method, Results and Conclusions) and keywords for the manuscript are provided.
- Photography (or photographic plates) are submitted in the jpeg (.jpg) file format at 300 dots per inch (dpi) with 80% compression quality or better. Line drawings and other figures should be preferably submitted as vector graphics such as pdf, eps or svg files. Alternatively, high resolution (600dpi) image format are acceptable (PNG, TIFF, GIF).
All figure captions and all tables (including title, description and footnotes) are part of the submission main text file.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Authors guidelines which is found in About the Journal.
- The manuscript has been "spell-checked" and "grammar-checked".
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Please enter the name and email addresses of all authorsin the metadata of the submission. An add author button is located at the end of the last author entered.
All articles of this journal are Open Access and it follows the terms outlined by the Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International — CC BY-ND 4.0.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).