Main Article Content


Complications due to foreign body ingestion are rare; however, if present, these can cause significant morbidity to the patient. An overlooked ingested foreign body could present as an emergency and may prove fatal. We present a case of an accidentally ingested foreign body with delayed presentation, which migrated to the neck and produced a cervical abscess presenting as septic shock. The patient required prompt stabilisation followed by surgical intervention. The patient’s vital signs returned to normal on the second post-operative day, and he was discharged the following day.


Foreign-Body Migration Septic Shock Abscess Case Report India.

Article Details

How to Cite
Pai, K., Pillai, S., Bhandarkar, A., Anand, A., & Sabhahit, H. (2013). Migrating Ingested Foreign Body of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract with Resultant Septic Shock : Case report and literature review. Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal, 13(4), 606–610. Retrieved from